What does it all mean? We know even though you are distraught over head lice that you are going to do your research.
There is a lot of information out there on the internet and we know that most people can get easily overwhelmed with questions, Do I wash everything? Do I bag everything? And now you’ve got ANOTHER equation thrown into the mix flat rates vs. hourly rates for a professional lice service.
Well, we are here to tell you that there is NOTHING to beware of when it comes to a companies rate structure in the lice service business. Flat OR Hourly. Most head lice services nationwide have chosen to set up their business with an hourly rate structure and some use a flat rate structure.
There is NOTHING to BEWARE of in either case (as far as rate structure goes) it’s simply a choice. There is no right or wrong. Any legitimate company would never try to scare you about rates.
Things to consider:
- Flat-rate billing is a charge for what we know and the results that can be delivered. Hourly billing is a charge for the amount of time worked. Why would a job that takes 30 minutes ($50) be charged the same rate as a job that takes 2 hours ($200)?
- Consider the project – conventional wisdom has it that a detailed project with a definite beginning and ending deserves a set, flat price, while an ongoing, open-ended job is a better fit for an hourly rate.
Note: If you know for sure you have a very heavy infestation it would make sense to call a flat rate company.
If a company tries to scare you then you have to consider their motivation and what it means to you. Don’t let anyone scare you – it’s not right, you have enough to worry about already!
Here are some Head Lice Treatment companies serving Virginia:
Let’s Be P.A.L.S the only Virginia Beach based Head Lice Treatment company offers all types of service options to fit anyone’s needs, A 100% satisfaction guarantee. All natural products and a proven track record. (Hourly Rate)
Lice Doctors: In many cities including all of Hampton Roads. (Hourly Rate)
Lickety Nit: Based in Suffolk, Va serving Hampton Roads. They tout the Air Allie device (Flat Rate)
Be sure to ask the lice service you decide to use about their guarantee and any hidden fees. Many companies have hidden fees like unlisted travel fees, mandatory return visits for guaranteed service and added gratuities.
Contributor: Let’s Be P.A.L.S
- New ‘Super Lice’ Strain Is Resistant To Antibiotics, Other Types Of Treatment (medicaldaily.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Nuvo for Non-toxic Head Lice Treatment (pediatrics.answers.com)
- How to Clean Hairbrushes and Combs During a Head Lice Outbreak (liceremovaladvice.wordpress.com)